Friday, March 26, 2010

Ultimate Sweater Machine



This is what my wonderful boyfriend got me for my birthday. I am obviously a hand knitter (or there would be no blog) but I am wanting to expand into other areas that I don't know a ton about. One of them was machine knitting. I decided this may be the way for me to go right now due to 1) budget 2) possibly hating the whole machine deal.



I ended up somewhat liking this. It definitely frustrated me at first. I like the idea of how it works and I have an understanding of how it works but I definitely no expert on this yet. I have been so busy (read Crazy Weekend) lately that I haven't really had much time to pick this up in awhile.

So I just wanted to post some pictures about it and thoughts on my first impression of the machine. Overall, I like it, but it (or any other machine) will never replace my needles. I will most likely use this for squares for baby blankets and other projects like that. I love creating things with my hands too much to replace my needles.

As another side note, with all the knitting/crocheting I did over the weekend, I think I should have either used this or went right to a yarn store and gotten some of those stress relief gloves! My hands, forearms and fingers were sore for days!


No comments:

Post a Comment