Monday, January 10, 2011

Therapeutic Knitting

As some of you readers know, I enjoy looking into the benefits of knitting. Maybe it's to justify my addiction or maybe I really do just enjoy researching this kind of stuff. Probably just trying to justify my addiction.

This article I came across was simply the best one I have read yet. It goes over virtually all of the medicinal benefits of knitting. Including a few mentions about those who have trouble sleeping (that would be me).

It also has a section about anxiety and panic attacks. This section I found extremely interesting because I have know firsthand about multiple people who have started knitting and since then have had a decrease in panic attacks. This is because repetitive movements cause the release of serotonin. Serotonin levels effect your moods.

Click on the header of this post to read this very interesting article!



Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment