Thursday, September 2, 2010

First Quilt

I have decided to try my hand at quilting. I have always wanted to try it but wasn't sure if I was up to the task of a regular quilt. I came across this idea for a puff quilt. It is supposed to be much easier than a traditional quilt. I started this and figured I would share my progress with you all. It is a very simple project so far and actually hasn't been horribly expensive.

Also, they say that you need a walking foot to get this done. I sadly lost mine somewhere. So I have been doing it without one and haven't had an issue yet. One other thing I did differently was using a small handheld Singer Machine to make my individual puffs. This I think was a great way to get them done quickly and without using my large machine.

This tutorial comes from Honeybear Lane. If you scroll down there are four different steps in the tutorial that you can go through. Let me know if you decide to do this! It's been so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment