Friday, April 9, 2010

Loop n' Lace Tutorial

Now it's time to put everything together! I got the idea off a technique not commonly used called loop n' lace. I took the basic idea from that technique but I needed to figure out a way to connect the corners. That was a little tricky.

I started in the top right corner and laid out all of my squares according to my above pictures chart. Go up to the square in the top right and begin to loop n' lace in between squares 3 and 4 going down. In order to do the loop n' lace technique you take the ch 10 loops and the ch 15 loops and keep them separate. It is important to remember that the ch 15 connect to the square across from it and the ch 10 stay on the square to which they are attached.

Start at a corner and I always begin with the ch 10. Take the top chain and loop then ch 10 below it through the first ch. Then you take the third ch 10 and loop it up through the second ch. Continue to the bottom of the square and repeat of the other square.

Then move onto the ch 15. Take the ch 15 on the left side and slide the ch 15 on the right side through the ch on the left. Then loop the second ch 15 on the left through the first ch on the right. Continue all the way to the bottom of the square.




The corners are the hardest part of this process. Mostly because I didn't use an exact science to connect the corners. There however are a few things that are important to remember. First of all, make sure you are lining up the squares. They can shift during the process. Second, you will need to use some of the loops twice in order to create the effect through the corners.

The technique I used was to keep the ch 10 on the top and continue to ch 15 underneath the ch 10. I also made sure That I started in the top corner and worked from top to bottom and right to left.






No comments:

Post a Comment